Beginners' Guide to Online shopping for Plus size Clothing

Being a plus size blogger for years have really helped me with one thing - I already know which website do I head to when I need that particular piece of clothing or accessory. But I know not all of you have paid so much attention at this topic as I do, hence sometimes no clue where to look or even how to start building your "wardrobe". On this blogger site I use, there are keyword analysis showing me what brought you to my blog and some of you are simply just looking for "where to buy plus size clothing". I guess there are always new comers who are ready to expand their horizon when it comes to Plus size fashion so here it is!

I have put together a list where you can get all your essential pieces to help build your day / night wear collection. Remember you only live once so enjoy your life to the fullest, including looking fabulous!



1. One Stop Plus - US site shipping internationally


As convenient as the name addressed - One stop plus is one Mega website combining all the categories in plus size fashion for you; Plus size Clothing, shoes, under garments, even plus size home ware, items for your man and Skincare. Although it focuses on the plus size categories,  you will also be able to find some straight size items there (12W-44W), so you don't have to worry not to be able to get yourself all the things you need, even if you are a size L top and an 2X bottom. Especially the ones who really put very little effort in shopping, I am sure this is the best place for you.

Recommendation: Petite plus, Tall plus, wide fit shoes, Junior section, wedding apparel and costume section which makes shopping for plus size so much easier.


2. Lane Bryant  - US site shipping internationally


One of the best known brands in the plus size world. On Lane Bryant's website, it has 3 sub websites - Cacique for lingerie, Catherines for mature style and my fav part of the website - Sonsi.com.
Similar to One stop plus, it includes all the clothing categories, also accessories and consignments from other plus size brands. E.g. City Chic, Kiyonna, Monif C, Igigi to name a few.

Recommendation: Their undergarments use very durable material ( my first T-shirt bras purchased in 2000 are still around), very suitable for busty plus size women.


3. Marks and Spencer - UK site shipping internationally


I grew up in MnS clothing; I remembered wearing my country style wool vest going to my school trip at age 12 and get laughed at by the whole school. Back then plus size clothing was so limited that I can only shop at MnS and there was only granny style available. Well that was in the early 90s so things are very different now. Since this winter 2013, they have upgraded their quality and focus on the more mature consumers, hence their quality has yet again improved and their pieces are now very classic and elegant. If you are a younger plus size girl, fear not. Limited Edition and Autograph.
are my absolute go-to when I want some better quality high street fashion. These two lines follows tightly with all the up and coming style and accessories.

Recommendation: M&S carry only their own brands but quality wise it is very stable and guaranteed. All their clothing can easily last for a decade and do not look worn.



4. Asos - UK site shipping internationally for free


If you are used to shopping online, then you will know Asos is now the biggest and trendiest online fashion retail site that includes a Plus line called Asos Curves. Most of their designs are for younger people, but their inventory is so huge that you can actually find almost any style you need from there. Comparing Asos to the brands listed above, it's quality will be significantly lower but their tailoring gives out the contemporary fashion style which I cannot live without.

Recommendation: Their "straight" size goes up to UK 18 and Asos curves from UK18 - 28 so if you are between 14-18, you have thousands of choices to choose from! Most importantly, delivery is free = more budget for clothes.


5. High Street Fashion online store



If you have traveled to the UK especially London, you will know what I am trying to say. It takes at least 48 hours of walking/shopping to be able to go through all the options just on Oxford street. From Department store to high street fashion to plus size brands, it seriously will take you days to complete and at the same time lose around 10 pounds doing so ( speak from my own experience!) So what do you do if you don't live in London? Here is the brand directory for their online store. My gift to you my fellow shopaholics.

6. Independent designers


I have mentioned a few in my previous post, but keep checking this space for the updated directory in the coming weeks!

Now that you know the basic of online shopping, feel free to ask me any questions regarding fits of each brand so you will know better which fit is for your body shape. Which also is an important aspect and skill set when it comes to online shopping!


XB







Comments

  1. Wholesale Clothing designers also make plus size clothes that come with many designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawn, as you said it's wholesale, so do they sell individual pieces for my readers' benefits? :) Would really like to know if you know any!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great revealing content. Thank you I really appreciate the unique articles you write. intimosexyusato provide this
    Mutandine usate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article about, it was interesting to read. I am also a bigger (I like to say that), so this is also very actual for me. But I have a question, because I am looking for more specific - guess wholesale clothing - lingerie to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really appreciate the blog i love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Get best Deal of the day India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment