Frugal fashion



You think you know fashion
Well, fashion's a stranger
You think fashion's your friend
My friend, fashion is danger



Although I am a "fashion blogger", I am one of those who does not have much of a fashion budget per month... Not sure if you have even heard of that but my budget is so small, that I have to plan properly how many items I can get out of it, 2 weeks before pay day kind (as you know, shopping online is like you are fighting for one item with thousands of people). Because if one can't afford something, one shouldn't even have an idea of getting it. Just like I shouldn't get into fashion blogging unless I have the money to be trendy, or I don't blog about trends and just wear my old clothes all the time. Do you think it works? I personally think it doesn't. People like new things, they like trends, and all the sucessful bloggers are all about trends and showing new pieces from the latest fashion show, correct me if I am wrong Susie bubble, Man Repeller, all of the girls on lookbook!

A close friend of mine lately told me she thinks my blog is not going to work. Oh well. As long as I am doing what I love, at the same time not hurting my wallet I guess I will be fine. Somehow this place is more like a place for me to use my creativity now that I realised. I am never a writer nor a trendy person after all!

So what I do is, I have to go through lots of sites per day. Trying to find that perfect items with the lowest cost just so I can try on as many on-trend items as I could to create different looks. And I will never dream about getting that 2.55 or those red bottom heels (it's not like I can fit in them anyway).

I would usually go to Asos, Asos Marketplace, Most of the UK high street site when they are on sale, sometimes ebay, look for the items that are made for this year trend but not popular yet so I can wear them for 2 years, or really vintage items on ebay trying to think if it would work for next season's fashion. My prediction for next trend is Palazzo pants and wide leg trousers so now I have been looking EVERYWHERE to get my hands on a pair. I saw them at the APC Fall RTW collection this year oh my! So gorgeous!




Reading from many finance advisers, it is recommended that you use only 1/3 of your salary as rent/housing allowance. Therefore we should never spend more than our housing allowance on clothing items if you think about it, that part of income should even become the saving instead of buying and buying lots of clothes that we throw away after 1 season.

Although saying that, my next investment and I believe should be quite an important one, would be getting a nicer camera. At the same time, I will develop my photo taking skills to hopefully become the Tommy ton for plus size fashion!

Comments